It’s tough to keep
motivated sometimes isn’t it?
When you’ve had a
tough day, the kids are playing up and you’ve still got to get
Last thing you feel
like doing is strapping on your trainers, getting your equipment out
and actually doing a workout.
When you’ve had a
day like that, you might need a little help on the motivation front,
so I’m here to help.
Bookmark this page,
pin it, or print off a few female fitness motivation quotes and hang them on the fridge.
Whatever it takes….
2. “A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.” Colin Powell
3. "The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." Vince Lombardi
4. Big journeys begin with small steps.
5. A little progress each day adds up to big results.
6. Be the best version of you.
7. “There is no one giant step that does it, it’s a lot of little steps.” Peter A. Cohen.
8. “The most important thing in life is knowing the most important things in life.” David F. Jakielo
9. If your heart’s in the right place, the rest of you will follow.
10. “Be patient good things take time.” - Unknown
11. “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” - Unknown
12. Every next level of your life will demand a different version of you.
14. Never give up because great things take time.
15. “The successful warrior is the average (wo)man, with laser-like focus.” Bruce Lee
16. You can be a good mom and a working mom. You are allowed to be both.
17. “Only time – whatever that may be – will tell.” Stephen Hawking.
18. The greatest moments in life are the simplest.
19. Life is like exercise. The harder it is, the stronger you become.
20. “The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it. As long as you really believe it, 100%.” Arnold Schwarzenegger
21. Love your body not just your image.
22. Nothing will work unless you do.
23. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” Jim Ryun
24. Your body is a reflection of your lifestyle.
25. Of course it’s hard. It’s supposed to be hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. Hard is what makes it great.
26. Our bodies are capable of anything. It’s our minds we have to convince.
27. It’s not always easy. But it’s worth it.
28. “Your comfort zone is where dreams go to die.” - Cami.
29. Be your own inspiration.
30. Start every say by thinking of your why.
31. Stop wishing. Start Doing.
32. “Don’t wait until you’ve reached your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud every step you take toward reaching that goal.” - Unknown
34. “Strength doesn’t come from the things you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.” - Ashley Greene
35. Don’t look for motivation. Find your why, then no excuses will come between you and your goals.
36. You’re worth it. Keep going.
37. We don’t need to be perfect...we just need to get started.
38. Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.
39. “The same voice that says give up can also be trained to say keep going” – Unknown
40. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
41. Be the reason someone smiles today.
42. The start is what stops most people.
43. The best way to predict your future is to create it.
44. It doesn’t get easier you get stronger.
45. "I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
46. I’m working on myself for myself by myself.
47. Once you see results, it becomes an addiction.
48. Taking care of yourself is part of taking care of your kids.
49. Give me coffee to change the things I can and wine to accept those that I can’t.
50. Never give up. Everyone has bad days. Pick yourself up and keep going.
51. You don’t have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great.
52. If you always think and never do, you will never accomplish.
53. Sometimes I feel like throwing in the towel...but that would make more laundry for me.
54. If you want to fly, you’ve got to give up the shit that weighs you down.
55. Make peace with your past so it doesn’t spoil your present.
56. No one is the reason for you happiness except yourself.
57. Don’t compare your life with others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
58. Don’t limit your challenges. Challenge your limits.
59. She believed she could, so she did.
60. Good habits are as addictive as bad habits. But far more rewarding.
62. Respect your body.
Fuel your body. Challenge your body. Move your body. And most of all
love your body. xoxo
63. It may seem impossible today be consistent it will become an achievement tomorrow.
64. The only bad workout is the one you didn’t do.
65. Slow progress is still progress. Quitting won’t make it any faster.
66. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” Neale Donald Walsch
67. “Skinny girls look good in clothes, but fit chicks look good naked.” Ronda Rousey
68. Strong is not just physical strength, it’s a mindset.
69. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” Jim Rohn
70. A one-hour workout is 4% of your day. No Excuses.
71. Don’t let the weekend become your weak end.
72. Beautiful Women: You’ve always been beautiful, now you’re deciding to be healthier, fitter and stronger. Remember that.
73. I still have a long way to go, but I’m already so far from where I used to be, and I’m proud of that.
75. No matter how slow you go you are still lapping everybody on the couch.
76. “The best way to offset tension is with physical activity.” Bonnie Prudden
77. “Give your best effort, because you are worth your best effort.” Denis Waitley
78. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters; on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.” Michelle Obama.
79. Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.
80. Summer bodies? If it’s Summer and you have a body...you have a summer body.
81. Fitness is like marriage. You can’t cheat on it, and expect it to work.
82. A quick workout is better than no workout.
83. Getting fit is about confidence, passion, loving your body. It’s all about you.
84. Exercise should be about rewarding your body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing it for what you’ve eaten.
86. Warning: Exercise has been known to cause health and happiness.
87. Never under estimate the strength of a woman. Never fuck with one who does burpees for fun.
88. Exercise doesn’t get in the way of my life. It adds to the quality of it.
89. Need motivation to start exercising? Avoiding death is a good one.
90. It’s easier to wake up early in the morning and workout than it is to look in the mirror each day and not like what you see.
91. Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate.
92. “In terms of fitness and battling through illness, exercise helps you stay strong physically and mentally.” Gete Waitz
93. “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” John F Kennedy
94. “The purpose of training is: to tighten up the slack, toughen the body and polish the spirit.” - Marihei Ueshiba
95. “I think it is more important to be fit so that you can be healthy and enjoy activities than it is to have a good looking body.” Rachel Blanchard
97. You’re only one
workout away from a good mood.
98. The best ab
exercise...5 sets of stop eating so much crap.
99. Strong is the new sexy.
100. Becoming healthy
is the best decision I have ever made.
101. When working out,
length is not a substitute for intensity.
how...your clothes don’t fit, your body feels sluggish, your skin
doesn’t glow, you don’t have energy, you want to feel beautiful,
you’re regretting what you ate, you’re wishing you worked out,
you wanted to change….before making another unhealthy choice.
underestimate the power of a woman who knows what she wants.
104. Losing weight is hard. Being over weight is hard. Choose your hard.
106. You don’t have to be extreme, just consistent.
107. Your health is the best investment. It’s not an expense.
108. Girls want to be slim. Women want to be strong.
109. Excuses don’t burn calories.
110. Later = never. Do it now.
111. Every day is a chance to get stronger to eat better to live healthier and be the best version of you.
112. It’s your workout, your time, your body. Own it.
113. “Willpower is like a muscle. The more frequently you train it, the stronger it gets.” – Unknown
114. Wake up & Work out.
115. Get Fit in the Gym. Lose weight in the kitchen.
116. Think of your workouts as important meetings with yourself. Bosses don’t cancel.
117. I’m not strong for a girl, I’m just strong.
118. I go to the gym because I think my great personality could use a banging body.
119. You know you’re hooked when taking a rest day takes more discipline than working out.
120. Workout. Eat well. Be patient. Your body will reward you.
121. Keep your squats low and your standards high.
122. “Weight loss doesn’t begin in the gym with a dumb bell; it starts in your head with a decision.” – Toni Sorenson.
123. If you’re running on the treadmill next to me, the answer is YES...we are racing.
124. Please excuse my attitude...I haven’t worked out yet.
125. Your fitness is 100% mental. Your body won’t go where your mind doesn’t push it.
127. I got 99 problems….and they’re all my sore muscles.
128. Sore. The most satisfying pain
129. Weight loss is like driving: If you ever veer off the road, just make a U-turn and head back in the right direction.
130. Definition of a really good workout: When you hate doing it, but you love finishing it.
131. If you still look cute at the end of your workout...you didn’t train hard enough.
132. Exercising would be so much more rewarding if calories screamed while you burned them.
133. Dear extra body fat, you have 2 options: Make your way to my boobs or GTFO.
134. “Pull-Ups: Because everyone’s jaw drops when they see a girl bust them out.” Elisa Murphy
135. It’s exercise time and I’m still walking funny from my last workout.
136. Warning: Daily exercise and healthy eating leads to increased awesomeness.
137. Those were some enjoyable burpees. Said no-one ever.
138. Exercise: The poor woman’s plastic surgery.
139. life has it’s ups and downs. We call them squats.
140. Friends don’t let friends train alone.
Squat, because nobody ever wrote songs about a small ass.
1. Denial; 2. Anger; 3. Bargaining; 4. Depression; 5. Acceptance; My
stages of getting ready for cardio.
Baby...you make my knees feel weak. Just kidding...yesterday was leg
“Choose your exercise using the same criteria you’d apply to
choosing a date. That is, attractive to you and able to hold your
interest for an hour.” - Victoria Moran
Don’t eat more than you can lift.
I have to exercise early in the morning, before my brain figures out
what I’m doing.
Yoga...bending, stretching and posing for an hour, all the while
trying not to fart.
149. The more you workout, the weaker his knees get!
Mirror mirror on the wall, I’ll always get up after I fall. And
whether I run, walk or have to crawl, I’ll set my goals and achieve
151. Sweat is just fat crying.
Taking off a sweaty sports bra should count as resistance training.
153. It’s not swagger I’m just sore.
154. Body type: Works out but definitely says yes to tacos.
155. A dude told me I look like a man. I told him, if he lifted like me, he could too.
When I workout I wear black.
It’s like I’m going to a funeral...for my fat.
When life knock you
down...do a burpee!!!
a beast in every woman. And it stirs when you put a barbell in her
You’re still a rock start. I whisper to myself as I take my
multivitamin and get into bed at 9pm.
Cardi...oh! Look – weights!
Too bad bitching doesn’t burn calories.
Just finished squats….Didn’t fart once.
Menus should list burpees equivalents rather than calories. Like, if
you have that pumpkin spiced latte, you might as well get down and do
164. Did a cartwheel the other day. I thought it’d be like riding a bike. It wasn’t.
165. I’m starting a new with exercise. Trying to into a sports bra was exercise enough for one day.
166. I decided to take an aerobics class. I bent, I twisted, gyrated and jumped up and down for an hour. But by the time I got my leotard on the class was over.
168. If I could have a super power, it would be the ability to watch people workout and then absorb their health benefits.
169. You have a choice: You can throw in the towel or you can use it to wipe the sweat off your face.
170. If you think a minute goes past really fast, you’ve never been on a treadmill.
171. Trust me...you’ll never know how big of a hassle it is getting dressed until you’re sore from a workout.
172. I don’t run. If you see me running you should start running too because something is probably chasing me.
173. When a girl is working out and tightens her ponytail, you know it’s about to go down.
174. “Your diet is a bank account...good food choices are good investments.” - Bethany Frankel
176. You can’t expect to look like a million bucks if you eat from the dollar menu.
177. Keep calm and eat well.
178. “Let food be they medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates
179. “One cannot think, love and sleep well if one has not dined well.” Virginia Wolf
180. Dear Diet; it’s not me, it’s you. I just think it’s going to work between us. You’re boring, tasteless, and I can’t stop cheating on you.
181. I don’t diet. I jet eat according to my goals.
182. Dear Stomach, you’re bored. Not hungry. So shut up.
183. They say “you are what you eat”. That’s funny. I don’t remember eating a sexy beast this morning.
184. You are what you eat. So don’t be fast, easy, cheap or fake.
185. If your food can go bad, it’s good for you. If it can’t go bad, it’s bad for you.
186. It’s not a diet. It’s called healthy eating.
When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is correct,
medicine is of no need.
189. Never eat an ingredient you can’t pronounce. Except quinoa. You should eat quinoa.
190. I really regret eating healthy today. Said no-ever.
191. There is no diet that will do what healthy eating does. Skip the Diet. Just eat healthy.
193. “Those who think they have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to make time for illness.” - Edward Stanley.
194. Every time you eat is an opportunity to nourish your body.
195. One healthy meal at a time.
196. “You don’t have to cook complicated masterpieces. Just good food from fresh ingredients.” - Julia Child.
197. “To eat is a necessity but to eat intelligently is an art.” - La Rochefoucald
198. It’s not that I can’t eat that. I’m making the choice not to. And it’s not that I don’t want to. It’s just that it’s not worth it.
199. When you eat crap you feel crap.
200. I don’t chase rainbows. I eat them.
201. Eat less sugar. You're sweet enough already.
202. I will not feel deprived when I bypass junk food. I will feel empowered that I made the healthy choice.
So, if you’re struggling with motivation. If you’re struggling
sticking to reach your healthy lifestyle goals, hopefully one of these female fitness motivation quotes will give you the kick up the butt you need.
Print it off.
Stick it on your fridge. And say it to yourself everyday.
You’ll get there.
You got this.